These type of clauses show an unexpected or non self-evident result based on the dependent clause. Example: He bought the car even though it was expensive. Take a look at the chart below to study the various usages of adverb clauses showing opposition.
When an adverb clause begins the sentence use a comma to separate the two clauses. Example: Even though the it was expensive, he bought the car.. When the adverb clause finishes the sentence there is no need for a comma. Example: He bought the car even though it was expensive.
For more information about how to use these words click on the link for an explanation of the usage.
Adverb Clauses Showing Opposition
Even though, though, although
* Even though it was expensive, he bought the car.
* Though he loves doughnuts, he has given them up for his diet.
* Although he course was difficult, he passed with the highest marks.
Notice how 'though, even though' or 'although' show a situation which is contrary to the main clause to express opposition. Even though, though and although are all synonyms.
* Whereas you have lots of time to do your homework, I have very little time indeed.
* Mary is rich, while I am poor.
'Whereas' and 'while' show clauses in direct opposition to each other. Notice that you should always use a comma with 'whereas' and 'while'.
Organisasi Formal Organisasi formal memiliki suatu struktur yang terumuskan dengan baik, yang menerangkan hubungan-hubungan otoritasnya, ke...
1. Organisasi Lini (Line Organization) Dalam jenis organisasi ini, pembagian tugas dan wewenang terdapat perbedaan yang tegas antara pimpin...
TEX merupakan perangkat lunak pengolah dokumen yang terutama ditujukan menghasilkan dokumen yang berisi simbol-simbol matematik. TEX dicip...
1) Rectangle selection tool berfungsi untuk menselect di active layer dengan berbentuk persegi. 2) Ellipse selection too...
TUGAS PENDIDIKAN PANCASILA NAMA KELOMPOK : 1) Randy Indira Kusuma 2) Melinda...
KATA PENGANTAR Puji dan syukur kami ucapkan kepada Tuhan Yang Maha Kuasa, karena berkat rahmat dan karunia-Nya kami dapat menyelesaikan ...
These type of clauses show an unexpected or non self-evident result based on the dependent clause. Example: He bought the car even though it...
This resources provides four pages of adverb clause usage including: * Adverb Clauses with Time Expressions * Adverb Clauses to Sho...
1. Coba jelaskan empat pandangan dalam pendekatan sistem? Jawab: #Empat pandangan dalam pendekatan sistem: a. Pertama – Pendekatan sistem ...
Istilah komputer (computer) berasal dari bahasa Latin computare yang berarti menghitung. Komputer mempunyai arti yang sangat luas dan berbed...